Catherine Stewart is an award-winning employment lawyer who acts for both employers and employees. She has successfully argued a number of recent high profile cases in the Employment Court and Court of Appeal. Catherine is committed to achieving the best outcomes for her clients and her broad advocacy experience and specialist knowledge will ensure strong representation on all employment law matters. Catherine was awarded the top award for employment lawyer of the year at the NZ Law Awards in 2013 and runner up for Barrister of the Year.
Catherine Stewart and her team are registered with COVID-19 Business Advisory Fund which means small to medium businesses may qualify for funding to use their services.
Catherine and her team can assist you with:
- Legal representation in Courts of all levels on employment law matters that you may need representation for- Employment Court, High Court, Employment Relations Authority, Court of Appeal;
- Representation at professional disciplinary hearings;
- Disputes and personal grievances;
- Restraints of trade, breach of confidentiality;
- Business restructuring and redundancies;
- Medical incapacity issues and dismissals;
- Disciplinary processes;
- Workplace investigations into possible misconduct issues;
- Negotiating managed exits and exit packages to help you obtain the best possible outcome;
- Drafting or reviewing employment agreements and policies to bring you up to date with the latest law changes ;
- Mediation and alternative dispute resolution;
- Health and Safety in the workplace issues;
- Guidance through the minefield of employment legislation to help you avoid costly disputes and grievances.